Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Secret Weapon

I'm sure that the majority of you have heard of coconut oil; whether its for cooking, skin care, or a deep conditioner on your hair. But there are probably over 100 different uses for coconut oil. Today, I want to talk about some of my favorite ways you can use coconut oil in your beauty routine.





This weekend as I stood staring in the mirror, I tried to figure out what I was going to do with my hair before going downtown. I feel like no matter what I do, when the clock strikes midnight, I turn into the Lion King. Of course that is no bueno! Finally, I pulled out my best friend (coconut oil) and put a small amount in my hair. A little goes a long way ladies. Remember, you can always add more if need-be. So start with a very small amount. After I applied it to my hair, I took the flat iron to it and made my hair nice and pretty. The heat from the flat iron was able to quickly open the cuticle to the hair and penetrate the oil. Volia! Silky, shiny, gorgeous hair for hours. My hair stayed beautiful through the humidity, dancing, and sweat it endured. My hair looked fabulous all night and I couldn't be more pleased!




Speaking of going out and having a good time; I am seriously guilty of not taking my make-up off. My main problem is that make-up removing wipes are so expensive. I feel like every time I turn around, I've run out and need to buy some more. UGH! Well, I've finally found a solution to that problem! All you need is your handy dandy coconut oil, some cotton rounds and warm water. Get your cotton pads a little damp in the warm water. You don't want to get it soaked, just damp. Next, put a nickle-size dollop of the coconut oil on the pad and remove your makeup as you normally would. Ta-da!
Another way to use coconut oil on the skin is through exfoliation. It is important that we exfoliate our skin throughout the entire year and coconut oil is here to help. Simply take 2 parts sugar (any kind), one part coconut oil and 1/2 tbs of vitamin E oil (you can even split open the capsules and use those) and mix well. There you have it! A cheap, easy, excellent exfoliate for you to use in the shower once or twice a week.

Those are just 3 cheap and easy ways to use coconut oil. HERE is a link that tells you 101 uses for coconut oil. I'm really happy I read this list! A lot of these ideas blew my mind.
I bought my huge jar coconut oil from SAM's Club for around $15. A lot of people say that it is expensive but, if you compare the price of coconut oil to the other products you would be replacing; you'd probably be saving a lot of money.
Alright guys, go get some, have fun and stay beautiful!




My Pinterest
My Instagram
Email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment